Welcome! Hot damn, it's a new website look and a brand new blog. Thank you all for your patience while I rebuilt this baby.
This time of year is always particularly special to me. As we leave summer and enter into the coziness of fall, it's a season that smells, feels, and sounds comforting. The school-kid in me associates it with going back to school to see my friends and learn new things, with a steady, predictable pace, with family birthdays (including my own) and holidays.
It's also my anniversary of setting out on the path to teach movement, starting with Pilates. This fall marks SEVEN years of making and remaking myself into a professional, a teacher, a somatic and anatomical explorer, and above all, a mover and healer. It's not always been easy, but it has been a journey full of the most kind, spirited, and holistically intelligent and insightful human beings that I have ever encountered.
I am deeply grateful to all my students, teachers, and colleagues. Thank you for your constant support, gumption, laughter, and thoughtfulness.
Inspired by this back-to-school/business anniversary vibe that fall gives me, here are seven of my favorite resources that I've discovered over the last seven years, including one badass dissection video series (viewer discretion advised). Enjoy!!
1. "Sensing, Feeling, and Action: The Experiential Anatomy of Body-Mind Centering" by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
2. "Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga" by Sally Kempton
3. "Therapeutic Neuroscience Education: Teaching Patients About Pain" by Adriaan Louw, Emilio Puentedura
4. "The World in Six Songs: How the Musical Brain Created Human Nature" by Daniel J. Levitin
5. "Advances in Functional Training" by Michael Boyle
6. "Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body" by Tami Lynn Kent